Just Say No!

Just Say No!

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Rum and Coke

 It's a favorite drink of alcoholics, "of-agers", and teens alike. Mostly, because it's easy access and well, it does the job. Rum and coke or Captain and Coke, the fall back choice. My question is, if I quit soda does that mean this alcoholic beverage too? I mean technically it's just a little bit and it's more or less for coloring and taste right? If this is of standard to quitting soda then great! If not what other rum drinks are just as easy to make and taste just as great? Now I'm not an alcoholic, but I like my beverage jut as much as everyone else. So what do you all think... should I get a little captain in me!?

4 comments:

  1. I actually really like this question! There were times before I tried to just drink water with the occasional glass of juice or tea here or there and always made the compromise for alcohol! I know that might sound pretty sad, but just because I want to be healthier doesn't mean I have to cut out all the fun right?! But my question for you is, are you cutting out the soda part or just caffeine? Sprite doesn't have caffeine in it, however I don't know how good it would taste with rum. But a good substitution might be pineapple juice! That makes all alcohol taste good, especially tequila! Hope that was helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a soda drinker on a regular weekday. However on the weekends I like to have a few mixed drinks like rum and coke and i don't think this is going to kill us. We are still young and shouldn't be worried about having a good time and having some soda in our alcoholic drinks. If you are feeling bad about it though then drink more water during the week to stay hydrated and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the above comments. Personally, I'm not much of a rum drinker. Every once and awhile I will have some though, and when I do drink it I drink it with soda. If you are trying to cut soda out of your diet due to the sugar, calories, or whatever, then you should just consider cutting it out of your general everyday diet. You could have a little soda just when you have rum. That way you can enjoy your drinks on the weekend, but still cut out a good amount of sugars and calories from your diet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a really interesting dilemma. If your trying to quit drinking soda, the smallest bit might just trigger whatever progress you have made. It all depends on what you know you personally can handle and how many captain and cokes your thinking of drinking and if it will be too much soda.

    ReplyDelete